Use your own, custom favicon!
A favicon, also known as a shortcut icon, Web site icon, URL icon, or bookmark icon, is a file containing one or more small icons, most commonly 16×16 pixels, associated with a particular Web site or Web page. Browsers that provide favicon support typically display a page’s favicon in the browser’s address bar and next to the page’s name in a list of bookmarks. [via Wikipedia]
Blog.com is closer to being an even more awesome platform by now letting everyone upload their personalized favicon in their blogs.
This was a feature we’ve been planning on releasing for some time now, since we are aware people want to have their own blogging identity by either using their custom headers, logos or colors, or by completely customizing their blog’s CSS and have an unique blog, site or portfolio right here on Blog.com. Plus, it made sense, since we have the Custom Domain upgrade letting our users blog on their .com, .net, .org (…) domains.
So here’s what you have to know:
- To use your own custom favicon, you’ll have to acquire the CUSTOM DESIGN premium feature in the UPGRADES section of your blog’s dashboard - 15$ / year;
- Those of you who had the CUSTOM CSS upgrade active or just bought it, go ahead and upload your favicon – no extra purchase needed;
- As you’ve probably noticed at this point, the CUSTOM CSS premium feature is now named CUSTOM DESIGN;
- The favicon upload menu is available under APPEARANCE > FAVICON in your blog’s dashboard.
- Accepted image types are PNG, JPG, GIF, and ICO. All images will be converted to ICO, resized, and compressed as needed.
If you want a little inspiration for your favicon, check out this Smashing Magazine 50 Remarkable Favicons.
That’s it folks. Shows us your most beautiful favicons!